Monday 20 June 2016

Special 'K' Rose Cake

This is a birthday cake that I made for my SIL's sister - the Special 'K' Rose Cake!! I wanted it to be feminine with the rose buttercream, but also a little different and funky - so added the cachous, sprinkles, edible glitter, and the Hershey's Kisses to add a bit of an edge, and so it was different from the standard rose buttercream cakes!!



Special 'K' Rose Cake

1. Chocolate Cake:


A few days beforehand, I made 1 x batch of the Delicious Chocolate Cake (Easy) from the Recipe Community. It makes a big batch, double of what I needed for the 'K' but it was good to have back up! For the 'K' I used Wiltshire Bake-A-Number Cake Pan (which you can also use to make letters).

When the cake cooled, I then wrapped the individual cakes in 2 x plastic wrap and 2 x foil, and put them in the freezer.


2. Buttercream Icing:


Just before assembling the cake, I made a double batch of my Perfect Buttercream Icing. Half I left white, and the other half I coloured with Wilton Gel Food Colouring - Teal colour.

3. Assembly:


I took the cake pieces out of the freezer, and whilst frozen, I placed the cake pieces on the cake board, attaching with melted chocolate (so it doesn't slide around).


I then covered the cake with a 'crumb' layer. 


Then piped the icing into rose shapes on with a Wilton 2D tip, with the piping bag filled with half white and half teal icing.



I topped the cake with blue cachous, sprinkles, edible glitter and Hershey's Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment