Wednesday 7 October 2015

Salted Caramel Fudge

Sadly, I am at the end of my maternity leave, and starting work tomorrow :'(
I got my Thermomix halfway through my maternity leave, so of course, I just have to make some Thermomix goodies for my first day back at work!!
 
This is something I would have never attempted pre-Thermomix days, with all the exact temperatures. I have made this a few times now and ahhh so amazing!!! I have eaten fudge from simpler recipes which are generally just heated up condensed milk and chocolate. This is a tad more complicated with more ingredients and temperature settings, which makes it have a texture between salted caramels, and fudge - so it is more of a chewy fudge and not so 'powdery' tasting as some types of fudge.
 
 
Salted Caramel Fudge
 
Salted Caramel Fudge Recipe:
 
 
Add butter, condensed milk, golden syrup, glucose syrup and brown sugar
Mix 5 minutes/50 degrees/Speed 1, then mix 5 minutes/70 degrees/Speed 1
 
 
Condensation forming after heating up on Varoma temperature in Step 4
 
 
Wipe off condensation from the inner sides of bowl
 
 
Wipe off condensation from lid
 
 
Add white chocolate pieces and mix 2 minutes/Speed 2
 
 
Pour caramel mixture into square silicon pan
 
 
Sprinkle with salt flakes and place in fridge to set
 
 
Once chilled, cut into small pieces, I cut it into 8 x 8 squares
 
 
= 64 delicious salted caramel fudge pieces!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment