Tuesday 27 October 2015

Goats Milk Liquid Soap

My brother just gave me some soap he made including some lovely goats milk soap. So I thought I would turn it into liquid soap to fill up my new soap pumps!
 
 
Goats Milk Liquid Soap
 
All you need is any 120 grams soap bar and 8 cups of water! It can be a creamy/clear cheap/expensive bar, and it all should work the same! You can add extra colouring or fragrance, but I left it pure so I could use it for the boys' sensitive skin!
 
Liquid Hand Wash Recipe:
 
 
 
120 grams soap
 
 
Cut into cubes
 
 
I blitzed for 20 seconds from working from Speed 5 --> 8
 
 
I melted at 90 degrees/Speed 3 in 2 minute increments plus added approx. 100mls water - took about 10 minutes total for the soap to be all melted
 
 
Added 8 cups water through the MC hole slowly and mixed 2 minutes/80 degrees/Speed 2
 
 
Pour into a large bowl to cool and thicken
 
 
The froth disappears after a few hours. Stir every hour (or when you remember and walk past it!)
 
 
It took over 24 hours for mine to thicken. Before the boys morning nap (the day after I made it) it was still very liquid, then after their nap 2 hours later it had magically thickened (has a kind of 'snotty' texture)
 
 
Goats Milk Liquid Soap!
 
 
Made enough liquid soap to fill up 4 pump bottles with lots to spare which I will probably use for body wash too!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment