Monday 21 September 2015

Risotto Frittata

This recipe seems to be 'breaking the internet' amongst Thermomixers at the moment with the school holidays starting. This is a healthy and delicious meal for the kids (and adults).
 
 
Skinnymixer's Risotto Frittata with a Twist
 
Skinnymixer's Risotto Frittata with a Twist Recipe:
 
 
So, mine didn't turn out very attractive!! :( I think this was due to me adding an extra 200 grams vegetables (celery) and also not using muffin cases - I just put them straight into my mini muffin and muffin sized silicon trays. I used a knife to go around the sides of the mini muffins to lift it out and most of them crumbled when I lifted it out. With the large muffin size, I used a knife to go around the sides then turned it upside down to pop it out onto a tray - and that worked! <-- use this method instead!! ;)
 
 
Lots of veggies! I added an extra 200gm veg including celery
 
 
3 components to the recipe: cheese mixture, risotto, and vegetable puree
 
 
Mix them all together and then mix through 2 eggs once the mixture is cooled
 
 
Spoon mixture into muffin pans and top with cheese
 
 
Not the best looking photo, but YUM!
 
 
I placed them straight into containers to freeze
 
 
Verdict: My 'lately' fussy boys looooved it and for once, more went into their mouth than chucking it on the floor!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment