Thursday 1 October 2015

Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese

This has become my husbands favourite spaghetti bolognese recipe. It feeds 6 - 8 people so it gives us a few meals and is great for my husband to take to work.

Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese

Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe:

The mince meat is cooked in the steaming basket which keeps it 'chunky' as the Thermomix has the tendency of sometimes over blitzing meat to mush.
The recipe is fantastic, however I make the following changes:
  • Add 2 carrots + 3 stalks of celery and blitz it all together in 1 step with the garlic and onion for 10 seconds/Speed 5.
  • Add a whole tub of tomato paste (I hate having a half empty tub!)

Add additional carrot and celery


Blitz 10 seconds/Speed 5

Cook mince meat in the steaming basket

Mince meat cooked through along with the sauce

Add mince meat in the last 5 minutes to integrate with the tomato based sauce


Once the bolognese sauce is made, I keep it warm in my Thermoserver, and wash out the Thermomix bowl to make the spaghetti.

There is ALOT sauce made in this recipe. For half the sauce, I usually make about 400 grams if making 3 servings - 2 HUGE servings for my husband (including 1 to take to work the next day) and 1 smaller serving for myself.

I then refrigerate or freeze the remaining sauce for another day and make the spaghetti fresh for when I use it.

If using up the sauce in 1 lot for a big feed, I would make the spaghetti the old school way in a pot, as 400 grams is pretty much the max that would fit in through the MC hole. You could probably use up to 2 packets of spaghetti (1000 grams) as it is very 'saucy' and goes a long way.

SPAGHETTI (Thermomix)

Ingredients:

1200L water
1 tablespoon salt
250 - 400 grams spaghetti (approx. 100 - 150 grams per serve)

Method:

1. Add water and salt in bowl and cook 10 minutes/100 degrees/ Speed 1 (MC on).

2. Add spaghetti through MC hole (MC off) and cook for time on package (mine is 11 minutes)/100 degrees/reverse/Speed 1)

The result is perfect al dente spaghetti everytime!!



Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese - I make 2 huge servings for my husband (1 straight into a container for his lunch the next day), 1 smaller serving for myself, and a lot of leftover sauce to refrigerate/freeze for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment