Monday 3 August 2015

Doughnut Muffins

I thought I would give it a go making doughnuts and came across a doughnut recipe requiring the doughnuts to be baked, which was great, as I HATE deep frying. I followed the recipe step by step, and massive failuuure! The dough was very sticky and hard to work with, and I just couldn't get the shape perfect, despite waiting a few weeks for a special doughnut cutter to arrive. They were also quite dense and didn't rise very well. They tasted alright, but wasn't worth the calories! After my first (and only experience), I was disheartened and haven't been bothered to make them since as they were quite time consuming...
 
 
Failed Ugly Baked Doughnuts
 
Since then, I decided to stick to baking of the cake/cupcake/muffin variety that I have a better success rate with. I found this amazing Doughnut Muffin Recipe with muffins that taste exactly like a fresh hot cinnamon doughnut, but without the fiddly dough shaping.
 
 
Doughnut Muffins
 
The only thing which you need to set aside some time for (i.e make sure your babies are fed beforehand so you're not interrupted)... is that immediately after the doughnut muffins come out of the oven, you need to be ready with hot melted butter and cinnamon sugar to dip the tops of the muffins into.
 
These taste the BEST straight after this hot melted butter/cinnamon sugar dipping - OOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG, this how I felt:
 
 
Mmm Doughnuts...
 
If you're wanting a doughnut fix, without the deep frying, I'd definitely recommend this!
 
Doughnut Muffin Recipe:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment