Thursday 30 July 2015

Carrot Cake

For mother's day this year, and my MIL's birthday, I made this delicious (and nutricious) carrot cake!

 
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
 
Pre-Thermomix days I had made a carrot cake once but it was way too much effort with all the grating required. Now with the Thermomix, it is just so easy to make this cake as it does all the work for you!!!
 
It can be found under the Thermomix Recipe community and is called 'The Best Ever Carrot Cake' and it quite simply is... the best ever!!
 
If you don't have a Thermomix you could use this recipe in a food processor with similar results.
 
I ended up making 2 x batches of the cream cheese frosting. As pictured in the recipe they put a thin layer of frosting on, but as you can see, I LOVE my frosting and decorating! So I piped on rose swirls, and placed whole walnuts on top of each swirl (had to fish inside the packet of walnuts to find the best unbroken ones), and edible flowers.
 
The cake is very, very moist and the icing is so delicious with the hint of lemon! Some of my family actually commented that it was the best icing that they have ever tasted, and that it was a great cake to icing ratio!
 
Best Ever Carrot Cake Recipe:
 
 
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Top View

No comments:

Post a Comment