Wednesday 29 July 2015

Baby Shower Pinata Cake

A twist on the Pink Ombre Cake that I posted earlier, I made a cake for my work colleague Sanda's last day of work before she went on maternity leave. She waited to find out the gender of her bubs, so I alternated layers of pink and blue butter cake.

On the bottom 3 layers during assembly, I used a narrow glass cup to cut a small round shape in the cake to form a well to put the smarties in, then placed the top (un-holey) layer cake on top. So when the cake is cut, the smarties come trickling out! I frosted the cake with buttercream icing (with vanilla bean paste, as I love to see the flecks on vanilla) and topped with a homemade miniature bunting made of washi tape, string and wooden skewers.
TIP: Use a plate/platter that comes up on the sides or there will be smarties eeverrrywhere!!

I made 2 x batches of butter cake, and 2 x batches of the buttercream recipe.

Butter Cake Recipe:

Buttercream Recipe:

Ingredients:

120gm butter (room temperature) 
2 1/2 cups icing sugar 
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste

Method:


Place all ingredients into bowl and beat until light and fluffy.

Baby Shower Pinata Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment