Wednesday 29 July 2015

Baby Purees as Sandwich Spreads

My twin boys, Ethan and Harley are now 11 months old.
 
They first started purees at 4 months old. One of the main reasons I got a Thermomix was to make our babies delicious and nutritious food. Luckily I received my Thermomix in time for the boys eating solids so I have been able to make all of their food from scratch with fresh ingredients.
 
Like any organised twin mum, I always made and stockpiled a huge amount of purees, always doubling the recipes and freezing them in the Heinz Baby pots.
 
Just when I made my latest lot a few weeks ago, my boys refused to open their mouths to be spoon fed their purees and decided they only wanted finger foods that they could self feed. So I have a huuuuuge amount of purees in the freezer: Beef and 3 veg, lamb prune couscous, chicken and sweetcorn risotto, red lentils and veg, beef eggplant and mushroom ragu, coconut fish and veg to name a few. The boys refuse to eat them with pasta, so I now use them as a sandwich spreads! Makes it even better with homemade Thermomix bread and dinosaur sandwich cutters I bought from Ebay!
 
The baby puree recipes are from the Thermomix Cooking for your Baby and Toddler by Louise Fulton Keats, and Jumbo White Bread Loaf recipe by Thermomumma in the following link:
 
 
 
Sandwiches, Dinosaur Cutters and Frozen Purees
 
 
Homemade Thermomix Bread
 
 
Ethan and Harley Digging into their Dinosaur Sandwiches
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment