Saturday 12 March 2016

5 Second Chia Seed Pudding

I used to eat this everyday when I was actively trying to get pregnant/found out I was pregnant, and wanted to put super healthy food into my body! I'm not generally a health, superfood kind of person, but when it came to my pregnancy, I was moreso than usual! Now that I need more energy and need to be more organised with two toddlers, I have started making my Chia Seed Pudding's again so it's all ready to go for breakfast, or for a snack.


Chia Seed Pudding

5 SECOND CHIA SEED PUDDING

3 Servings (fits into 3 x 150ml glasses)

Ingredients:

50 grams Chia seeds
25 grams oats
25 grams ground LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond)
20 grams sunflower seeds
20 grams slivered almonds
20 grams desiccated coconut
50 grams pitted dates/medjool dates (pitted)
1 tablespoon Vanilla bean paste
350 grams Almond milk (or any other milk of your choice)

Method (Thermomix):

1. Add all the ingredients into the bowl.
2. Mix 5 seconds/Speed 6. 
3. Pour into glasses/containers and eat immediately, or place in fridge to set for a few hours/overnight.

Method (Non-Thermomix):

1. Chop the dates very finely.
2. Add all of the ingredients into a big bowl and stir together with a spoon/spatula.
4. Pour into glasses/containers and eat immediately, or place in fridge to set for a few hours/overnight.

The Chia seeds are crunchier when eaten soon after being mixed with liquid, the longer you leave it to set, the Chia seeds expand and the consistency turns into a pudding and 'gelish' texture.

I add the dates for a natural sweetener, and the sunflower seeds and almonds for some texture (even though the LSA already has it in a ground form). You can mix it up and substitute with different ingredients or flavours - i.e. cacoa/cocoa powder instead of vanilla bean paste.

You can also add and mix fresh fruit or berries through, however it would need to be eaten within 24 hours or it tends to get a bit 'funky'. I like to keep it plain so it can be kept in the fridge for a few days and ready to go when I want some pudding!


Add all ingredients into the bowl


Mix 5 seconds/Speed 6


Eat immediately, or leave in fridge to set for a few hours/overnight. Can be left in the fridge for a few days ready for your consumption!



No comments:

Post a Comment