Wednesday 29 July 2015

Baked Ricotta Cheesecake

I thought I'd start off with posting my first cake and latest cake.
This cake a made a few days ago for my parents 32nd anniversary.


Baked Ricotta Cheese Cake

I found a Thermomix replica recipe for the famous ricotta cheesecake from Pasticceria Papa in Leichardt. I've eaten a lot of ricotta cheesecakes, especially when I used to work in Marrickville, however this was the first time I have made it. Best cheesecake I've ever eaten! Super smooth filling and soft melt in mouth pastry.... My recent cakes and cupcakes have drawn inspiration from instagram photos from Andy Bowdy, Katherine Sabbath and Unbirthday bakery. I love the look (and taste) of messy, but tactfully placed sweet treats above a torched meringue or buttercream topping.
On top of this ricotta cheesecake, I placed torched meringue (best made in my Kitchenaid), chocolate waffle biscuits, white and original tim tams, Ferrero Roches (stolen from my husbands stash), strawberries, toasted and shredded coconut, persian fairy floss (which I discovered melts after about an hour on the meringue) and edible flowers.

Baked Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe:


Baked Ricotta Cheese Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment